Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pretend Play Toys and Imaginative Play Sets for Young Dreamers


My earliest childhood memories are filled with playing imagination games. We lived out in the country and since I was the youngest child, my older brother and sister were in school and I was home with my mom a lot. She was always busy with cleaning, cooking, sewing, quilting, running errands, helping with the farm animals, etc.
Some days I would use the educational imaginative toys to build a pretend ranch and then play with the farm animal figurines. I would move them from place to place and talk for them. I would fill the hours of the day in my imaginary world where I called all the shots. I was the writer, director, puppeteer, stage crew, and actors in my fairy tale stories. My stories always had happy ending just like on TV.
To say it is never a dull moment in a house with children is an understatement. One moment you are the queen/king of the castle, signing papers and watching magic shows. The next minute you are the proud owner of a 3 year-old 'puppy' that looks strikingly like your younger son. Pretend play is probably the most important aspect of development for children at any age.
Pretend play kitchen sets allow your kids to practice using the kitchens utensils, or learn about different fruits, vegetables, and other food that they can eat. Kids can also use their imagination playing with puppets to develop their communication skills or play with a medieval castle in which they are the kings/queens of the land that see. There are so many places kids’ imagination can go to, a place with no limits and in which kids learn the most.

No comments: